RE: This a complete engine, transmission, su carbs, manifolds,

To: "'Chris Thompson'" <ct@cthompson.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: This a complete engine, transmission, su carbs, manifolds,
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:09:50 -0800
Chris:

        Figure a core long engine sans carbs/manifolds etc. is worth about
$400.00 without history.  If the head is uncracked, you got a deal.  If it
is cracked then the bottom end is worth that much.

        An all synchro trans without OD is a throwaway item.  $100 will get
you a good used one pretty easily.

        The carbs and ancillaries are easily worth $100 as they come with
all the linkage, heatshield and manifold.

        So, I'd say $600.00 for the package would be a comfortable value, if
you want a shot at a set of rebuildable components.  You could probably
package the carb/manifold set and sell it to a rubber bumper owner for $200
pretty easily.

That's my two bits.

Kelvin.

> What's a reasonable max for an 18GK with transmission
> (Appears to be non OD
> I guess)
>
> Seems to me this would be a perfect way for me to rebuild my
> 73. Rebuild
> this, drive the 73, then swap.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list