re: car color?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: car color?
From: "Scott Hower" <HowerSL@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:27:13 -0500
>Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:19:56 -0800
>From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
>Subject: car color?

>Anyone have a B of this color? Wanting to paint this summer and I think =
>it is Carmine Red. Enriquesays his is Guardian red (website below), but =
>I don't see this in the original paint code index, even though it looks =
>very close.
>Monte 79B and 74 1/2 parts car
>Kahoka, MO USA

I haven't heard of Guardian red either, but to my eye, the color looks very
similar to Damask red.  It was original from 73-77.  Not the best photo, but
my B is this color:

    http://home.att.net/~howersl/mgb.jpg

FWIW, the paint is "21 Line" Glasurit, the code on the can is BMC 306.   My
next CBB will be Black Tulip with a light beige interior and black top.

--Scott

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///