Re: Coil Again - is this right?

To: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@softhome.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coil Again - is this right?
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 15:10:09 -0000
Your secondaries should measure in the thousands of ohms i.e. 6700 and 9600
using the figures you give.  The BW primary is only slightly higher, it is
the secondary (assuming 6.7k) that is significantly so.  Maybe that spec
results in a higher HT voltage without increasing (in fact slightly
reducing) the primary current.  Never heard of a Borg Warner coil (thought
they made auto boxes) but unless you can take it back and swap it for one
you can find by testing that is closer to your original I would suck it and
see.  For the record, the three specs I give are from coils I just happen to
have, rather than anythin definitive.