Re: Coil Again - is this right?

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Coil Again - is this right?
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 10:01:26 -0600
Paul,

I took it back yesterday afternoon and bought a Bosch Blue 12V.  I ran one
on my Sprite w/o trouble 15 years ago, and it was only a few dollars
more.  It should be hotter than stock so I can open up my plug gap some.

Borg Warner has become the "house brand" name for one of the big parts
chains in the US (Pep Boy).  On parts categories that are their non core
business.   Several old name companies are doing this to one form or another.

I went their as they were the only place close that had points, condenser,
rotor, wires, and (allegedly the coil) in stock.  Everywhere else I would
have had to order it.  Of chouse when you figure that I delayed
installation until this weekend trying to figure out the coil thing, it
would have been just as easy to have ordered from a LBC supplier!!

Thanks
Patton