RE: Got Heat!

To: "'Mike Razor'" <mrazor@mis.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Got Heat!
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 08:59:45 -0700
Mike why would you think it is the ignition switch if messing with the
fuse fixes the problem?  Wasn't the engine running? ("after I started
it")

One of the items that gives MGs (and other British cars) a bad name is
the electrical issues.  It's my belief that one of the biggest problems
is the fuse block.  It may have worked thirty years ago, but this is
now.  I would recommend at the minimum you remove the block and clean it
thoroughly, you can't do this with it on the car.  Better than that, buy
a new one.  Best, use a different system.  See:

http://pages.prodigy.net/larryhoy/FUSES.JPG

Larry Hoy

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list