Aussie MG National Meeting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Aussie MG National Meeting
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 23:52:20 +1030
I am cursing that my scanner has 'gone west' because this weekend is the
Australian MG NatMeet, being held in my hometown.

As well as a 'gathering of the faithful' - this is also a time when us
super-competitive types try to beat the other States in everything
(track events AND concours).  Even with a very large club we remain a
far less populous State so we will have our work cut out for us, but
this won't stop us trying.

I had a call from a friend (well, customer) who had stopped not far out
of Perth, Western Australia, for an overnight rest before driving into
Perth for the Mustang Club National Meeting (something about the Easter
long-weekend:-) and he reported seeing a 'flock of MGs' heading towards
Adelaide.

Now you have to remember that it is 2700km (almost 1700 miles) from
Perth to Adelaide, so these are some hardy MG owners/drivers - and some
will compete in the cars and drive them back home again - hopefully:-)

I am looking forward to the weekend and will post pictures when I can.

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII

///