Re: Oil Pressure

To: larryhoy@marketvalue.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 10:34:00 EST
In a message dated 3/29/02 7:18:13 AM Pacific Standard Time,
larryhoy@prodigy.net writes:

> Doesn't the uprated oil pump produce more volume, not necessarily more
> pressure?  Isn't pressure regulated by the oil release valve?

Yes, it is. But his relief valve was set on the high side, I assume by him at
the same time as he changed the pump.

Changing the pump per se is no problem, and the modified pumps with higher
volume are a no brainer whenever you do a rebuild - shimming the valve is the
real evil that I was addressing.

On an MG, more is not better when it comes to pressure.

Of course if our cams and drive gears had been made out of something more
durable than Cheesewhiz, we wouldn't have this problem...

Bill