Temp. Sending unit

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Temp. Sending unit
From: rsincla@interface-net.com
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 08:26:56 -0800
Hi all,

Now that spring is (finally) here and the garage is warm enough to work in
comfortably, I've been getting our '68 'B up to spec. One of the things that
went wrong last year was a couple blown voltage stabilizers. I thought I had
traced the problem down to a faulty temp. sending unit that was shorting
directly to ground, thus causing the stabilizer to take the full force of the
battery. However, when I got my new sending unit last week, it reads the same
as the old one. Are they supposed to read no resistance when cold, and increase
resistance as the temperature increases? Or did I get a bum sending unit? Am I
reading the resistance right, measuring it between the spade connector and the
other end?

Thanks in advance.

Rory Sinclair
1968 MGB