Re: Apologies to Maverick owners everywhere [OT]

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Apologies to Maverick owners everywhere [OT]
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 16:43:21 -0800 (PST)
Max, as a former (and proud!) Maverick owner I debated whether to call you
out when you made that comment. I held off because you specifically
referred to 4-door Mavericks, which are indeed bizarre-looking. Mine was a
'73 (pre-big-bumpers) with the 'Big Six' and 3-speed automatic,
houndstooth bench seat and JC Whitney repro '65 Mustang wheel covers. It
was a great city car - I lived in Boston at the time. Oh, and it was BRG
(well, Ford's version which was pretty darn close, I recall). I replaced
it with a '72 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ, a slight upgrade.

BTW, what happened to the 'silver bootlid'?!

--- Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com> wrote:
> A few weeks ago I made a disparaging comment about the Ford Maverick

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
'76 MGB Tourer (Driver)