Re: Apologies to Maverick owners everywhere [OT]

To: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: Apologies to Maverick owners everywhere [OT]
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 20:51:55 -0500
When I was in college I became the unexpected owner of a Maverick (I think
it was a '70, but don't recall for sure anymore).  This was because my '72
VW Bug had died (okay, it needed a new spark plug, but I didn't know that,
not that it probably would have passed many more inspections anyway), and a
friend sold me her Maverick cheap.  What a boat.  About the polar opposite
of the MG.

I would buy another MG. I don't think I'd buy another Maverick, although
thinking back there was something compelling about a big American car.  But
I grew up on "weird" cars (for New England) like Renaults, Saabs, Fiats,
even a Citrven, all of which (and more) my dad owned at various (not
concurrent) times in the 60's and 70's.  Where the hell he got these things
fixed in Vermont I have no idea, but he went through quiet a variety.

Oddly enough, it wasn't until I got my MG that I found out he used to have
a Triumph (which I sort of remember), an Austin Healey, and an MG Magnette
(again, at different times).  Must run in the blood, I guess.  And he said,
out of all of those cars, he disliked the Austin Healey the most, and the
best car he had was the MG Magnette.

- Tab