Re: knock off wheels on ebay

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: knock off wheels on ebay
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 03:42:33 +0930
Robert.Haigney@anixter.com wrote:

> They look like an older Porsche style wheel, painted completely black, but
> I don't think Porsche ever had knock offs.  Were these only available in
> Australia....??
>

> on 4/6/02 11:26 PM, Zubrovka at zubrovka@earthlink.net wrote:
>
> > Saw these rims while scanning through the ebay MGB parts list
> > tonight.  Never seen that type before.
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1818418510

If I had found a cheap enough set like these (and SIX INCHES, too) I
might have been able to save my wires instead of converting to bolt-ons
after trashing two sets of wires on the track.  Yes, wires *should* be
able to take it, but they just didn't.

I loved the wires on my 'B and I only throw the car around the track
seven or eight days in a year!

--
Eric
'68MGB MkII