What's leaking?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: What's leaking?
From: "Scott Willis" <swillis@premiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 14:33:17 -0500
My MGA is leaking between the transmission bellhousing and the rear of the
engine from what I can tell. It's dripping off that seam. The transmission oil
is not leaking. I've never had the engine apart personally. When I installed
the motor I saw no place for gaskets. What could be leaking back there? I
cannot see any good schematics of the rear side of the engine in any of my
books.

Could oil be coming from the bushing on the back of the crank shaft? If so,
wouldn't that make my clutch slip? I know I'll have to pull the motor to
repair the leak so I want to order the right seals.

Also, any clue as to getting the tappet covers not to leak?

I'm not sure if I should park in friend's driveways or kill their grass. It
sure is funking-up the undercarriage.

Thanks for any help.
~Scott