Re: Dying a highway speeds

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dying a highway speeds
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 17:39:34 -0600
I know I shouldn't answer a question with a question..........

But this problem reminds me of a problem I have with my 67 BGT. Or more
like an annoyance. The car runs great. The only thing is that if I drive at
highway speeds for as little as two or three miles, the car will quickly
die as soon as I stop at the first stop light or stop sign. And then it
starts right up, runs, and idles perfectly like always (except when I make
that first stop).

I'm thinking its fuel related or mixture related but I am somewhat stumped.
Maybe one of you guys has a quick answer? Otherwise, it will remain as just
another quirk. Oddly enough, this car is the only car I have that isn't
leaking or spotting oil. My big leakers are Fords.

As for the original post by Larry - it sounds similar to a problem I had
with a 65B I once owned, quickly fixed by replacing the ignition coil.
Always good to have an extra one anyway.

David
67 BGT
72 B soon to be