Mt. Hamilton II tour, April 13

To: "'MG Mail list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mt. Hamilton II tour, April 13
From: Dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 08:43:46 -0700
Are any Bay Area lister planning on participating in the MGOC run up Mt.
Hamilton on Saturday April 13?  The tour will gather at 10:00 a.m.,
Saturday April 13 on the street outside the Jack-in-the Box parking lot,
at the corner of Alum Rock and Capitol Ave. in San Jose.  To paraphrase
the MGOC flyer...  "This is not a trip for the faint hearted (or those
prone to car sickness) and your car should be in good mechanical
condition, as there are no services once you leave the Santa Clara
Valley until we get down on the other side.  However, the rewards can be
magnificent.  Bring cameras and binoculars."  The tour will be up to the
observatory. about a 20 mile trip up some of the most narrow and winding
roads in the Bay Area.  once there, there will be a break for lunch and
perhaps a tour of the Observatory.   Afterwards the tour will continue
down the backside of the mountain through Lolli's Junction and on into
Livermore.  Another 30+ miles.  If you don't want to go down the back
side some of us will go back out the way we came in.

Dennis Cox
67 MGB