Re: DIY O2 (Lambda) gas analyser - Vac Gauge 2nd'ed!

To: "Skye Poier" <skye@ffwd.cx>, "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DIY O2 (Lambda) gas analyser - Vac Gauge 2nd'ed!
From: "Paul Hunt \(Telewest\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 16:42:59 +0100
One near the middle of the manifold is best.  For info you can't use the
port on the carb if you have ported vacuum advance instead of manifold.  I
used to swear by tuning with a vac gauge on a single-carb A-series engine.
I have tried it on the twin SU B but find it gives no better results than
conventional timing light and lifting pin.