Re: Speedo

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Speedo
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 12:57:04 -0700
"They all do that"?

Seriously, it's pretty common. Possibiities include poor cable lubrication,
kinked or fraying cable, dirt in the cable housing or the speedo itself,
failing right-angle drive (if present)... you have to try to optimize each
factor in turn, until you see some improvement. Some people have become
frustrated when nothing seemed to work. I personally haven't made any effort
so far, besides replacing the cable with a longer one to eliminate the
right-angle drive.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149