Re: Side Plate Replacement

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Side Plate Replacement
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 12:57:04 -0700
I don't know anything about this replacement side plate, although my
experience with British Automotive would suggest that their solution is
well-engineered. AFAIK venting the rocker cover should work exactly the same
as venting the side plate. Be aware that you have to vent one or the other,
not for emissions reasons but to prevent crankcase pressurization. So long
as you're venting it makes sense to have it feed back into the carburetors
or intake manifold so that the hydrocarbon content can be burned (using a
one-way valve -- the PCV). The charcoal canister would be an alternative
location.

But I would think you could easily locate a used side cover plate. Try
British Motorsports in Campbell.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149