Interesting Price Book

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interesting Price Book
From: "Jack Feldman" <qualitas@millenicom.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:21:34 -0500
My library has a place where they well withdrawn books. Ever since I found a
treasure throve of LBC books I have been checking it out. I just found a
price book that lists Collectable cars.

It is called CPI, for Cars of Particular Interest. It is the same size as a
Blue or Red Book, but covers "Collectible, Luxury, Exotic, & Highline Cars
and light Trucks 1946-2001," and "Older Used Cars and Light Trucks
1946-1994". Yes, that includes our beloved MGs, and some really exotic cars.

It  includes "MCLAREN 1994-98 Formula One", listed as "Recent Offering
$130,000! Another one is the BIZZARINI 5300 Strada Coupe, made from 1966-69.
It is listed as "Recent Offering $125.00. You can also find what they think
your 1947 Ford is worth.

The whole idea of pricing these cars is fascinating. Anyone who reads the
buyers page of British Car magazine knows that the price of a car depends on
time and place, and even the eagerness of the purchaser.

Anyway it is a fun book to look up cars to see what value the company puts
on them. See if your library has a copy.

Jack