Re: steering column questions

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <egmakris@otenet.gr>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: steering column questions
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:34:10 +0100
Horn problems seem not uncommon with the collapsible column.  There seems to
be a high-resistance ground that is not enough to sound the horns (mine came
with a single horn which looked like it had come from a moped) but *is*
enough to operate a relay.  I installed said relay and two pukka horns, but
I have heard that one can also connect a ground strap from chassis to rack
and solve the problem that way.