Getting ready to sell MGBGT

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Getting ready to sell MGBGT
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 13:20:39 -0700
Things have finally calmed down enough at work for me to start getting
my MGBGT back on the road. I started calculating what it would cost to
build it up the way I'd like and have come to the unfortunate
realization that the only way I can afford to get a track car that
meets my needs is to start with something designed in the latter half
of the 20th century (most likely build a spec Miata).

This is rather depressing, because Jasmine is a really nice car, even
nicer now that she has a nice paintjob. With the car torn apart, I
had a whole bunch of decisions to make: naturally aspirated or
supercharger ($3500 but nearly double the power, though no longer
legal for Conference production), fix the overdrive and maybe overhaul
the tranny while I'm at it ($300-1000), or put in a datsun fivespeed
and sell the overdrive tranny, upgrade the shocks or not, pull the
windshield and liner, get the cage tubes welded to SCCA legal, or not,
buy a set of mags for the street, or just go with the rostyles, and so
forth.

If someone has their own ideas of how they want to put an MGBGT
together, this would be the optimal time for them to buy the
car. Everything is apart, and they could buy the gofast parts that
they want and not have to take anything apart. At this point the car
could be built as either a dual purpose street and track car (the cage
was specially designed for easy ingress and egress to the car), they
could build it for vintage racing, it could be built up to be
competitive in Conference Production "I". The car that usually wins in
CPI in Oregon is a '71 MGBGT.

There are pictures of the car at:
http://www.red4est.com/jasmine

I'll probably build the motor in about a week, when I get the parts
back from the machinist, and have her running again shortly
thereafter.

The car is near Santa Cruz California, and I do have a van and
trailer.

 Larry Colen
 lrc@red4est.com
 h: 831-335-7505  c: 831-818-7729

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.