69 MGB Roadster with DGV setup

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 69 MGB Roadster with DGV setup
From: MGALUVR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:58:13 EDT
I am looking at the possible purchase of a 69 MGB roadster here in my area.
The asking price seems reasonable to me, and since I sold my 79 RB MGB last
year I have been looking for a chrome bumpered car to take its place. One
thing about this car that I am not that familiar with is the carburetion
setup it has. Its either a Weber DCOE or DGV (whats the difference?). It has
only one carb and instead of a standard air cleaner it has dual ram intake
pipes. The carb setup is really nice looking, as the intake manifold is
chrome and has 4 pipes going from the carb into the head. My wife is probably
going to drive this car more than me, as I putt around in the 62 MGA. Is this
carb setup practical for street driving, or would I be better off removing it
and going with the original setup? Any help will be appreciated. The car
itself seems to be in pretty good shape, no appreciable rust anywhere that I
can see. The interior is also quite good, and the car has good chrome and
wire wheels. It has a hardtop, and a softtop that is not so great. The only
thing about this vehicle that really is a grey area to me is the carb setup.
TIA.........Bill Dillstrom

    1962 MGA MKII Roadster
    -and soon to include a-
    1969 MGB MKII Roadster