Re: wing mirrors on MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: wing mirrors on MGB
From: david.culgan.b@us.agfa.com
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 11:00:41 -0400
I'm a bit late on this thread but wanted to note a modification I saw that
appealed to me. I saw  a very 'trick' MGB-GT once that had the traditional wing
mirrors attached not to the wings but to each of the doors, in the area of the
vent windows. A small hole was drilled, not in the door skin, but in the vent
window frame. The standard round wing mirror's stud was then secured using a
decorative acorn nut.

When I was restoring my '66 roadster I balked at drilling holes in my brand new
wings to re-mount my mirrors and used this same method (my door skins had never
been drilled for mirrors). It's not stock (this car is a driver), but I like the
looks better than the various door mounted MG mirrors, they are adjustable on
the road, and give good visibility. Just another way of doing it.

Dave Culgan