Re: brake flex hose recommendation

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brake flex hose recommendation
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 11:09:52 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/02 7:52:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wkilleff@bellsouth.net writes:

> While replacing my lever shocks, my father and I noted that the rear brake
> flex hoses look much older than the ones in the front. My experience tells
> me that rubber flex hoses are quite inexpensive. However, I have been told
> about braided steel hoses and their possible positive effects on braking
> and
> long term safety. For those who have done brake work, which way should I
> go?

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Braided brake hoses are now legal in most states.  I like them.  They don't
allow any expansion of the hose, so you should get a slightly firmer pedal.
The only downside is that you can't see when they start to go bad, because
the braided steel hides the hose.

Drain, flush, and replace your brake fluid while you are doing the work.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'75 Midget "The Project"