was: brake flex hose recommendation, now power brakes

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: was: brake flex hose recommendation, now power brakes
From: "Scott Pontius" <spontius@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:51:43 -0700
Speaking of firmer brake pedal feel...
I don't like mushy things or power things on sports cars, and I am not
particularly fond of the power brakes on my '78 B. Everything is in
excellent condition, carbon/kevlar pads and braided hoses etc., I just don't
like the feel of the power assist.  I have considered scrapping the power
master cylinder altogether and retrofitting a non-power assist dual circuit
master.
Has anyone done this, and have any feedback or suggestions on which parts
would bolt together with the least fuss?
Firm is good..

Scott Pontius
'78 MGB V8
'82 Lotus Eclat S2 Riviera