Re: diy rear telescopic kit

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <egmakris@otenet.gr>
Subject: Re: diy rear telescopic kit
From: Chad Cooper <mgb72@airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:42:45 -0700
I did this awhile ago and the best shock I found was a rear shock for a 1987
Corvette.  I looked alot through all the books and this was the ideal length
shock for this application.  Hopefully this message will save you some
research.
    This shock had the best collapsed and extended lengths, I found many with
one or the other.  Also this was the only one I found (proper length) that had
eyes at both ends instead of a threaded rod.  Only one thing to mention about
your current plan, buy the shocks first and then make your upper plates, the
top
shock eye was larger than 1/2".  Hope this helps, if you need anything else
just
ask.

Chad Cooper
'72B