Re: weber question

To: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>, MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: weber question
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 13:19:51 -0600
At 11:11 AM 5/2/2002 -0700, Skye Poier wrote:

>With an otherwise stock 79 engine the HIF4 are the way to go, with a
>free-flow air filter such as K&N's and AAU (moss 374-380) needles
>and yellow damper spring (moss 021-081)

And to venture even further from the weber subject and more in response to
Skye: which would actually be better, HIF4 or HS4 carbs or is there any
significant difference in performance? I have the HIF4 carbs for my 72B,
but I was going to put the engine/SU carbs in it that came out of my 71BGT.
The engine, ironically, is a 72 engine (18V) I got out of a salvage yard
many years ago. I still have to rebuild it with some enhancements (+.060
pistons, maybe a mild performance cam).

David