Re: cam

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: cam
From: Dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 10:25:27 -0700
Take a look at Delgin racing cams..    http://www.elgincams.com/    Iv used
their

cams in three rebuilds.  I have the 70-10 cam and the car just screams.  There
is

a good write up on cams on the web site.  Dema Elgin is a god when it comes to
cam grinding.  One thing that's essential is to have the cam hardened after
grinding.  I think the process is called nitrating.  Also it is a very good idea
to have the lifters rockwell tested for hardness before installing.  Be sure to
index the cam when you install it.  This can be done with an offset key or an
adjustable cam sprocket.  You cant get the full potential out of a performance
cam without additional work to help air flow through the engine.  Performance is
the sum of all the parts and work done.

Dennis
67 MGB