Tach. accuracy???

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tach. accuracy???
From: rsincla@interface-net.com
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 13:53:41 -0700
Hey all,

I've been following the posts on the speeds of our cars, and it got me to
thinking. My speedo is jumpy (I know, probably need a new cable. It's on my
list for my next Moss order), so I've been judging my speed by the tachometer.
We figure in fourth gear, non-OD, 60 MPH is about 4500 RPM (At least, that's
where we keep it to stay even with traffic) I know that's not right, because I
remember seeing something like 18.xx MPH per 1k rpm, and my experience puts it
at about 13.xx MPH/k RPM.

Is it possible that my tach is reading low? If so, how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance,

Rory Sinclair
'68 MGB   Non-OD

This e-mail sent through the Interface Computer
School (http://www.interface-net.com) web-mail
system.