Re: my 68 B....Clutch pedal barely returns???

To: Greyson Crowe <nismoracerxe@icqmail.com>
Subject: Re: my 68 B....Clutch pedal barely returns???
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 15:54:17 -0500
At 01:17 PM 5/10/02 -0700, Greyson Crowe wrote:
>....my clutch pedal cylinder .... was a bit harsh to push in.  .... Well
>today I went to shift and it wouldn't acknowledge that it was in
>gear.  Well after about 20-30 seconds of waiting for the clutch to enguage
>it would go...but with no slipping.  ....

Most likely the flex hose at the slave cylinder is deteriorated and has
collapsed internally causing a nasty restriction.  This allows the high
pressure fluid to flow into the cylinder when you depress the pedal, but
the spring return force is not sufficient to force the fluid back through
the hose to return to the master cylinder.  The cure is to replace the flex
hose.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg