Guiness Book of records entry

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Guiness Book of records entry
From: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 20:33:44 +0200
Hi list,

I went to watch an attmept for a new entry in the Guiness Book of Records:
1000 classic cars went to the Zandvoort racing track (Netherlands) where they
were lined up to make the highest number classic car run.

The cars had to be over 35 years old, so my BGT of 1971 was not entitled to
come. My brother went with his '66 Midget.
>From the racing track the 1000 cars went  to the Ford Museum at Hillegom -
more Fords in this museum than in any other in the world! Whenever you are in
the Netherlands a must see!

Anyway - I only went to the finish at the museum and it really was very
impressive!
All kind of makes - many USA cars like A and T Fords, but also the fifties
fintails and I even saw that famous valveless Franklin. MG's were well
represented, trucks, fire engines, buses and even army vehicles. As the
weather was fine - dry and not hot, most cars drove very well.

Disapointing was the number of Italian sports classics - a few Alfa's and one
Ferrari and one Maserati.

But anyway it was a joy to see that lot!

Cheers,

Hans