15" Saab Rim fit and finish on my MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 15" Saab Rim fit and finish on my MGB
From: Patton Dickson <kpdii@softhome.net>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 14:19:52 -0500
I don't like the stock steel wheels on my 67 and want to spruce thins
up.  I really would like to go with wires, but my second desire would be 8
spokes.  I knew from the discussions about the saver tire that some Saabs
rims fit MGB's, and since they usually have more sedate accessories than
many cars I thought that I might find good rims there.

After a web search I found that the right cars were pre-1987 Saab 900/99's
with a lug pattern of 4x4.5", width of 5.5" and an offset of +40mm.  I saw
an article advocating the use of these rims on MGA's, will this work on
MGB's?  What tire sizes do people use to run 15's with rubbing on the
fenderwell?

I have also seen many rims I like but most are alloy painted gold or black,
what does it take to strip and paint alloy rims?

Thanks
Patton