RE: Installing glass

To: "'Barrie Robinson'" <barrier@bconnex.net>,
Subject: RE: Installing glass
From: "Jim Stuart" <vze3swyy@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:55:50 -0400
This is usually a job for a pro, they use a rope & 6 hands. Wait until you
try to get the chrome trim back in place. usually, the groove in the new
rubber does not match the spacing on the legs of the chrome trim. Thank you,
Taiwan.

Rather than screw up the head liner to put in a courtesy light, I got a rear
view mirror from a GM product at the salvage yard that had courtesy/reading
lights built in. The little shoe that glues to the windshield can be
purchased at Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc. The mirror has a very small harness
of 3 wires. One is ground to the door switch, one is ground for the reading
light function, one is constant hot. The wires can be tucked along the cant
rail out of sight. Of course, remove the old mirror. You will really like
the larger mirror, as well.

Jim Stuart

Reply to <jimbb88@usa.com>