Re: Creaking and leaning MGB

To: Dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>, "'MG Mail list'"
Subject: Re: Creaking and leaning MGB
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 16:06:29 -0700 (PDT)
 I could get really flamed for this but so far (1 Year) it has worked fine. My
67 B has for as long as I have owned it sat a bit lower in the rear. I actually
liked the 'look'. I gues it reminded me of the Big Healeys a bit. When I
determined that the right rear leaf spring had a broken leaf. I did not want to
end up with the 'jacked up in the rear' 69 Chevelle SS look' (or Munster
mobile). I had seen that look befall too many a B. What I did was go to my
friendly LBC repair person who had a pile of used parts including a pile of
leaf springs.I picked out what appeared to be a unit in good shape and had that
mounted. It came out great and the rear of the car still has the lower look I
like and now both sides are equal again. I also saved big bucks too.
YMMV
Carl French
What I would like to know is what
springs you guys and gals have used and what the end results where.
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience