Re: Aircare Progress

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aircare Progress
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 14:40:50 -0700
The "banshee" description really sounds as if the alternator is jamming
(ceasing to rotate), causing the shrieking of a tortured belt in combination
with a sudden lack of juice. Try removing the belt and spinning the
alternator by hand to see if the bearings are giving up.

It also sounds like your distributor vacuum advance pot is toast, but I
can't see how that could result in any kind of loud noise.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149