RE: garages, plural?

To: "'Aubrey Schneider'" <aschneider@shaw.ca>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: garages, plural?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2002 10:44:28 -0700
Aubrey:

        I just moved to a bare acre of grass.  There are a couple of
structures that were laughably classed as houses on the property.

        The 1/2 acre lot next door had 52 dead cars, trucks, motorhomes and
trailers on it about a month ago.  Now they are all gone except for four V8
Rover sedans that I took pity on.
        Now my property is starting to look like a junkyard, so some major
changes have to happen soon.

        Once the house is somewhat livable, a 35 x 55 shop gets built to be
a shared work are for my lady and I.  For now the two Morgans live under a
$150 Costco portable building (incredible value BTW).  4 MGs are under a 14
x 35 lean-to at my old house.  The 65 MGB race car lives in it's trailer.
The rest of the cars act as long term car cover test subjects and make the
property look disreputable.

        Knowing that I would have no time for projects till the house was
done I bought a 99 Mazda Miata from Moss Motors to be a daily driver.  This
car was smooshed by a container truck a little while ago and totalled.  (2'
shorter, even the differential was broken)  Instead of replacing the car my
lovely wife demanded that I "put my money where my mouth is" and finish
building the 79 MGB and commute in it, and gave me permission to take some
time off house building.  So yesterday (I played hookey) I pulled the car
out of the weeds and parked it in front of the house.  Now I'm back to
crawling around in the dirt and stickerers with a screwed up back and neck
trying to figure out where I left off with this beast.

        So from (almost) new pretty, sparkly zoomy, good heater, AC power
steering comfy modern sports car  to greasy, rusty, noisy, slow, hot, gotta
work on it every day dented, faded paint MGB in just two months.      You
know, somehow deep inside I feel happier.

Kelvin.