Re: Datsun Calipers on an MGA 1600?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Datsun Calipers on an MGA 1600?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 15:10:44 -0700
Hmm, if it's true, I would guess an older Datsun like the 1600 or 2000
roadster, or possibly the 510 sedan. I think a Z, being more powerful,
would have bigger brakes all around. But one possible problem would be that
the Datsun caliper might be tapped for a metric-thread brake hose. I don't
know how you would get around that. The brake rotor would almost be more
likely, since they have the same lug spacing.

But now that I think of it, at least some Toyota brake hoses use SAE
threads, so maybe that's common in Japanese cars (I have limited experience
with them myself).

Anyway, what's the point? Are the MGA ones no longer available? Because it's
not like parts for old Japanese cars are cheap...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149