Datsun Calipers on an MGA 1600?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Datsun Calipers on an MGA 1600?
From: Michael Ohleger <movlas2@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 16:31:03 -0400
Hello all!

It's been a long while since I was on the list.  I'm glad to be back.

I have a request that even stumped Barney, but here goes. Maybe someone
here knows.   I had a recent chat with a person who told me that Nissan,
or rather Datsun, disk brake calipers could be used to replace the OEM
front calipers on an MGA 1600.  That is, "bolt-on" with no
modification.  Is this an "urban myth" or true fact?  If true, what part
number and/or what year Datsun?  Any help?

Michael Ohleger
'61 MGA 1600