Re: Engine won't run without choke

To: <mmgro@renc.igs.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine won't run without choke
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 17:13:44 +0100
You could have a major leak somewhere around the inlet manifold.  If
spraying carb cleaner or cold-start around the joints speeds the engine up
that is it.  Or a vacuum leak through the brake servo/booster if you have
one.  I'm assuming twin HS SUs, also assuming you know that the jets have to
be screwed down to richen the mixture.  If you can imagine yourself being
*below* the jets and looking up at the adjusting nut, you would turn it
anti-clockwise to richen.  With HSs the choke simply moves the jet even
further down than normal, so if the choke richens the mixture you should be
able to do so with the jet nuts.