Re: seattle to missouri

To: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: seattle to missouri
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 16:08:03 +0100
Try turning on each thing in the green (fused ignition) circuit one at a
time .  On a 67 this includes:

Windscreen washers
Wipers (run and park)
Voltage stabiliser
Tach
Heater fan
Brake lights
Reverse lamps
Hazard warning switch for the turn flasher

Of course it may not be one of the items itself that is shorting out but a
green wire grounding intermittently.

If you wire a headlamp bulb in place of the fuse you can save the cost of
buying lots of fuses.  Normally the headlamp will glow dimly depending on
what circuit is energised (quite bright for the brake lights).  When the
fault comes on the headlamp will glow at full brightness.