RE: MG insurance

To: "'Kevin D. Richards'" <flybirds@starpower.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MG insurance
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 11:01:26 -0700
Check with your regular insurance company.  Most have some form of stated
value policy and/or classic car insurance, but many agents are not aware of
them.

I'm with State Farm Insurance and my agent had no clue that they had classic
car insurance until she checked.  I now have a stated value policy on my
British Daily Driver, and stated value classic policies on my low miles
"classic" cars (read "don't run")

I'm also talking with them right now about when does a pile of parts go from
being "Auto Parts" covered by the home owners policy to "Vehicle" which has
to have it's own comprehensive insurance.  They get quite confused, and look
at me strangely.

There is a big forest fire raging above where I live and the pile of rusting
junk sitting under a plastic cover, that someday will become a Morgan +8 is
on my mind.  It has a title and is registered, so I'm pretty sure my home
owners policy won't cover it.

When in doubt, talk to your insurance agent, before something nasty happens.

Kelvin.