carpet installation question

To: mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>, MG-MGB <MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: carpet installation question
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 12:45:06 -0700 (PDT)
I have one of the Moss Motors Deluxe carpet sets for our 67B. I am using 3M
spray adhesive for the carpets as I always do but I am having a hard time with
the Part that goes on the vertical panel behind the seats (battery box area).
This carpet piece has a very heavy rubberized coating that seems to repel the
adhesive. What have other people done for fixing this part to the car? I have
small nails holding the spaces where the 'lift the dot fasteners' for the
tonnneau go. Is the piece mechanically fixed by the studs and other items?

Carl