Re: Transmission Oil Dipstick and Updates

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Transmission Oil Dipstick and Updates
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2002 14:09:29 -0500
Someone may have already mentioned this: Tie a piece of cord/rope around the
dipstick loop and pull up on the cord. I have found that the dipstick tends
to get stuck, even though it gets withdrawn regularly. Sometimes it comes
right out, sometimes it takes considerable force. You don't want to get your
finger stuck! Oh, make sure the cord is not so long that it can wrapped
around the drive shaft!

There's a little pump accessory I've found very useful. I don't remember the
brand name, but it replaces the cap on a standard oil bottle. I extended the
hose with a piece of 1/4 in OD hose. This is small enough to fit down the
dipstick hole. Now when I want to add oil, I just stick the small hose down
the dipstick hole. Each plunge dispenses about 1/2 oz. I find this handy for
the steering rack also. I can loosen the clamp on one of the boots, push the
hose under the boot at the top and pump away. I can usually do both these
jobs without spilling a single drop!

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@insightbb.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470