Re: Repair Gloves

To: eugeneb@nni.com
Subject: Re: Repair Gloves
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 07:34:49 -0400
Gene,
   I tried Stanley ( stanley tools) gloves. They aren't worth the price
of the box they come in.
   Next was an un-branded latex medical examination glove. These worked
OK. Though they eventually dissolve in gasoline and paint thinner
solvents, they are worth trying. They give pretty-good feel (try putting
nuts and bolts together wearing gloves and you will see what I mean).
There is a powder in them that makes them easy to get on and off, which
is a useful feature when your hands get sweaty.
  Best I have found is a Phoenix brand vinyl glove. These are tough and
do not dissolve in petroleum.  There is less feel to them and they have
less elasticity so they don't fit as well, but they are durable.  Their
bright green color goes well with MG engine colors.
Bob