Re: tonneau problemo no morro!

To: proot@iaces.com
Subject: Re: tonneau problemo no morro!
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 15:44:18 EDT
In a message dated 6/10/02 8:02:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time, proot@iaces.com
writes:
>> Hi all,
>>This spring, I was having trouble with my zippers on my tonneau. Calling
 >>around upholstery shops and marine shops, no one wanted to sew in a new
 >>zipper and would quote $80 or so. Eek!...
    ( Time passes by..Zipper tears.."Oh No!  What am I to do?...Think, Think
Oh I    >>know!  I'll ask my MIATA officemate?)
>> So my Miata office mate and I were talking about
 >> our zipper woes (his rear window) and our other office mate said she can
 >> sew zippers with her h/d sewing machine. She does it for tents and the
 >>like...(pause...Flash Forward in time!)
> I just got it back. It looks fabulous! $4 for the zipper. Most of the
> time was spent ripping out the old zipper. I wanted her to see the
> zipper first and offered to do the ripping, but she did it over the
> weekend.
> Paul
Paul,
This wonderful bit of "Do It Yourselfism" secures your place in the Royal
Octagon Society! Cecil Kimbers would be proud of your tenacity and stick 2
itness...$4.00 rather than the $80.00 quoted to you by the upolstery shop
enables you to buy $76.00 dollars of "Old Speckled Hen" or a suitable gift of
your choice..Good Show!!
 (PS I embellished a bit to add a time continuem, makes it kinda scientific,
ehh?)
Albert Escalante
1978 MGB, 1977 Jaguar XJ6L
Central Coast British Car Club