MGA Steering wheel removal

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA Steering wheel removal
From: "Eric Bergan" <eric@bergan.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2002 12:55:03 -0700
        Ok, so after years of neglect, I'm finally getting a chance to
get back to work on my '57 MGA. Thought I would start with something
simple/gratifying, replacing the cracked/splintered steering wheel...

        So, just how do you remove that nut? I can't find a socket to
fit it - looks like it should be 1 1/4", but that doesn't seem to fit.
Adjustable wrenches won't fit into the space. Any tips, or pointer on
what size socket will fit?

        Thanks!

                                         eric