Re: New Mini warning--drifting away from LBC

To: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Subject: Re: New Mini warning--drifting away from LBC
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 09:25:48 -0400
There's at least a couple of hundred references on the web, mainly modern
take-offs, and, as I said, I know it goes back at least to the 60s, and you
recall the 50s.  There's even a "Das PalmPilot is nicht fuer gefingerpoken..."

I think it was a combination of recognition of German mechanical ability
coupled with the post-WWII mocking of the German culture - belittling and
depersonalizing the enemy makes it less troublesome (morally) to kill them
- and there was lots of mocking at least well into the late 60s, and this
sprung out of that era somewhere.

So, I'm sure it's a spoof, and I sincerely doubt it's in the Mini Cooper
service manual.