Re: Last desperate plea!

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Last desperate plea!
From: Max Heim <mvheim@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 14:21:04 -0700
It sounds to me like you might have overfilled the crankcase in the course
of all this experimenting. The only force available to force oil out of the
vent tube is crankcase pressurization, and that shouldn't force out the oil
unless the oil level is above the bottom of the tube!

If the oil level reads correct, is it possible that you inadvertently wound
up with the wrong dipstick (thereby getting a false reading)? Or has the
collar on the dipstick slid down (with similar results)?

When the vent hose is connected, is there a PCV valve in the circuit? I ask
because it doesn't sound like your engine is in an entirely stock
configuration.

What happens when you remove the oil filler cap with the engine running?

Just guessing along with you here...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149