Last desperate plea!

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Last desperate plea!
From: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:24:04 -0400
Here I go again! I have eliminated blowby as the source of my problem
but would like to know if anyone here has ever experienced what I am
going thru. There is oil literally flowing out of the vent pipe on my
1980 MGB. It recirculates back thru the carb and billows smoke from the
excessive oil. I have removed the side covers for the 4th time to make
certain the drain holes between the tappets/lifters were clear and they
are. I poured a quart of oil down each one and it drained with no
problem. It was cold oil as well which is much thicker than heated oil.
The bottom and top ends are new. The compression reads 160psi across all
4 cylinders. A leakdown test did not  reveal any leaks. The rings,
bearings, etc., are all new. The block was professionally prepped and
the pistons measured for fit. The head was totally rebuilt, new guides,
valves, seats, springs, rocker shaft, etc. I would like to know if
anyone else has had this dreadful experience. I am awaiting a
replacement side cover but doubt that is the source of my problem. I
disconnected the hose that recirculates to the carb and held it straight
up in the air with the car running and the oil actually made it all the
way up and out! I attached a catch can and drove 10 miles and "caught" a
quart! The smoking sure cleared up tho when I disconnected that line to
the carb.
Frank "Swamp Yankee" Krajewski