Re: I think I need a kick-a** honker

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I think I need a kick-a** honker
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:29:03 -0700
Enlighten me, does the later rubber-bumper car have the twin horns that
my 66 has?   If not, I find mine *plenty* loud and definately get
people's attention.  IMHO I think swapping parts between new/old models
is much better than fitting some Scandanavian doohickey :)  I'm sure it
could be fitted to the existing circuit, the horn circuit is about as
simple as it gets.

Or, try hooking your horn up directly to the battery.  If its twice as
loud you know you have resistance problems...
You might want to try cleaning all the contacts on the horns, and
on the horn push on the steering wheel.  Horns draw a lot more current
than you probably would expect.  So watch out for sparks when hooking
things up live.

Skye
66 B