new wheels

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: new wheels
From: "MonteMorris" <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 10:35:21 -0500
I've just blown my wad and ordered a new set of wires for the 67B to hopefully
correct the shimmy I've been having (at least this is the excuse I've given my
wife). Moss has a sale on I couldn't pass up.

I've read somewhere that it takes special equipment, or care, to put the tires
on the rims. Should I take them somewhere besides my local service station?
I'm three hours away from a major city that would probably specialize in
this.
Am I correct in assuming that the wheels should arrive pre-balanced?
Any other things I should do prior to, or during, installation?

Monte 79B, 67B, and 74 1/2 parts car
Kahoka, MO USA